Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reinvention of a Grocery Shopping List

Every Monday, I write down a list of my grocery requirements. It is beginning to get a little bit boring and even then I still manage to miss out some ingredients. Therefore I am going to start a system. I am going to create ingredients flashcards and file them.

Once I have that in place, instead of having to write down every single item on the shopping list, I need to only plan my weekly menu such as:-

Monday - Stewed Bittergourd with pork ribs in black bean sauce, stir fry kailan, steamed egg with mince
Tuesday - Roast chicken, mash potato, salad
Wednesday - Pad kaprow, Stir fry broccoli / cauliflower etc.
Thursday - Grilled salmon, creamed spinach, roast potatos

Then, my maid just need to look up my flashcards and then make up her shopping list. This is what we call process re-engineering!

6 comments:

little miss kechik said...

yea my friend once told me of her makcik who has this weekly menu set up. super domesticated i tell ya..

Anonymous said...

poe..you'll be the most efficient domestic goddess in no time! and looking at your daily menu..woooaaaaaaa..mcm hotel food..yummylicious!!

xoxo
emma

Mom again said...

hahaha... that's why i am telling you guys, keluar kerja lagi senang drp playing housewife. it's true... so go cherish your jobs!
emma, coming up with the menu is another headache. soon i'll use excel to do a random auto-populate to fix up a weekly menu. see, i'm not wasting my skills.

Anonymous said...

*lol* poe..yup, don't waste a slightest bit of your skills. sooner you'll hv an efficient self automate system to manage your tasks!..eh jadik full time mumsy and wifey are still considered as full time jobs ok..salute to all those mommies who needs to do a lot of juggling act! poe, bile nak pindah ke KL..at least boleh kopi2 di hujung minggu..;)being a govt servant in a 100% bumis what do u expectkann?? :O i think my brain almost deteriorate..(im bonded, cannot run away..so end of story).

xoxo
emma

Mom again said...

yes, will move back to KL one fine day. where is your office?

Anonymous said...

im currently served as a "kuli batak" aka human slave at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam (i like my job but i hate the top level ppl and of coz the orthodox thinkers, which means total up, im hating it..*lol*)..but am staying in Cheras, Bdr. Sri Permaisuri, 10 mins away from MidValley ;)yup, you must be wondering why the hack I lived in Cheras and commute all the way to Shah Alam..??? Come to think about it, what Shah Alam has to offer to enrich so called my singlehood life? heeee**** Yeap Poe, better move to KL soon enough!!! Poe, have you ever thought of going SoHo?? i read this month women's weekly mag and there's this section talking about few women who left their good paid job to venture into Internet business. Totally inspiring...:D :D it is so good if all of us can team up and do something like it?? cewahh..ebay is a good start i tell ya!

xoxo
emma