Saturday, February 14, 2009

Crooks by any other name...

Once upon a time, a bunch of businessmen must have sat down and thought to themselves, “Lets find ourselves a new group of suckers.” Hence the invention of St. Valentine’s Day.

Well let us give the opportunists a break. Where there is no demand, there is no supply. It is pretty obvious by now I am not a proponent of this Lurrrve Day. In the past some may have said that because I was single, I was bitter about this special day.

No, the fact is I just simply cannot stomach cuddly toys with tags which reads “I love you,” “Forever Love,” and the tags go on. I cannot get over the fact how you pay 100 bucks for a pathetic thawed bouquet when on normal days, 100 bucks could get you such a gorgeous bunch of fresh flowers.

Restaurants are the worst! How could they compel patrons to order their Valentine’s Day meal set, at a ridiculous price as well. Point is, crooks by any other names ...florists, restaurateur... would still be crooks.

No comments: