Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Put Your Hands Up....

Last Saturday, my friends and I went out for my belated birthday celebration. I have always and probably will always dance to only hip hop and rnb. So for the whole of last week, I was researching for a good rnb club to go to. Unfortunately, house is still all the rave. and that's what they play in most clubs. Then we finally decided on Attica which was apparently a little bit better than Butter Factory in terms of crowd factor.
When we got there, it felt like college days all over again. In fact I felt like I was in a School Union bar. The kids, mostly international college kids, were swarming the place. The odd few late 20 something and early 30 s0mething (like us) stood out like sore thumbs! I have never seen so many cleavages in one place ever. Sadly, most of these barely-out-of-puberty girls think that the way to look older and sophisticated was to wear low cut tops with push-up bras.
Nevertheless it was very entertaining to watch a group of boys with their leader (turn-up collar) who thinks that he's the most suave of them all making a move on a couple of girls sitting by the bar. It is something that you see in grown up bars, something like Beach Club, minus the prostitutes with much much better music. Not that I am a really old seen-it-all aunty, but you could easily spot the don juan wannabes, and the girls who are trying so hard to catch attention of the boys. It is almost comical. I remember this boy who kept undoing his belt and show his bottom to girls. Just in a span of an hour, he has taken off his pants at least 3 times to show 3 different girls. I suspect that he has probably gotten a tattoo although piles could have been equally an attraction, not!
Truth is ,we definitely felt out of place. That club was definitely way too young for us. No, we do not wish to be that age again. Been there, done that. Thank goodness we then found another club with a live band which played Bon Jovi and Blur. We were not that old after all, we got home at 4am.

No comments: