Friday, February 13, 2009

8 Things You May Want to Know about Poe

I have been tagged by khemy and this is a free flow anything goes:-

1) I go by the name Poe because it is non gender specific. I hate people who pre-judge me, especially at work, based on my gender and age.

2) It irks me when people associate my name with Teletubby but it flatters me when people associate my name with Edgar, which I can assure you is very very very rare. Those few men who did, definitely scored a date with me.

3) I travelled 8 hours to go back to my hometown Sitiawan to give birth to Eddie so that when he grows up, he can explain to anyone who sees his birth cert / passport where Sitiawan is.

4) I considered for a very long time whether to call my baby Edward Rhys or Rhys Edward. It was all resolved when my Sig.Ot (Significant Other) said that if baby grows up to be President of a bank, the name Edward would be more befitting. Ataupun Kedai Motor Edward pun bolehlah.

5) I started cooking at the age of 16 (as in proper cooking rice with 4 dishes and soup) for my family and never owned a cookbook. I believe that cooking is both common sense and creativity. Then recently someone bought me a cookbook for my 30th birthday. Of course, never told never knew.

6) I love my late grandma very very much who passed away 5 years ago. Until today I still dream of her. One dream which I remember very clearly is when I asked her where heaven was, and she pointed to the sky and said it was 6km from earth.

7) The most famous person I have encountered is Andre Agassi. He was sitting next to me in a restaurant in London. My friends bribed the waiters just to take home the napkin and the glass (?) he was using.

8) I have a house in Kota Damansara (Villa Damansara) which I would like to rent out. Please contact me if you know of anyone who wouldn't turn it into a brothel.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

beb, i had trouble with the entry in stupid HTML language and it is still in draft box but you managed to dropped by and read it. Probably when i was testing the page. :/

andre agassi, huh? the most famous person i've encountered is M. Daud Kilau..cause he's my uncle...dowhh..

p/s: kota damansara banyak mat rempit la...

Mom again said...

that's why i couldn't find it when i went back to your blog to comment!
Sorry M. Daud tu movie producer?

Mana ade mat rempit? takde pun

Anonymous said...

LOL
try google image: M. Daud Kilau
am sure you have seen him before..

Mom again said...

You serious!!!!!! Just googled him. ka ka ka...

little miss kechik said...

yes she is serious.. cos she told me this in school.. (the m daud kilau thing).. do you know he lost his eye sight in an accident in s'wan? i kid u now.. hee

Anonymous said...

LOL
ada ker? tak ingat la..
kenapa aku beritahu kau?
eeii..ni mesti eni ni..

Anonymous said...

the most famous person i've met is Tun Dr Mahathir and his wife at The Dome KLCC..selamba couple, when everyone is trying to capture his picture or even trying to peek a glance of him in close up laaa..aku jugak la yg tertinggal handphone time tuh..kalau tak boleh jugak posing *lol*..

kota damansara bnyk mat rempit?? siapakah yang melaporkan?

xoxo
emma

khemy said...

poe, we had babies in a same week..check out kechik's post here

mine was 12th and yours i think 14th rite?

Mom again said...

yes mine is 14th!!!

little miss kechik said...

yea.. aku kan blogger paling rajin. hahahahahaha!

John Smith 118 said...

Why traditional chinese meal must have FOUR dishes AND one soup?

Isnt it 2 dishes and 1 soup?

Do you remember what it was?

Mom again said...

Yen, you were obviously deprived and got conned by your dad. We always have had 4 dishes and a soup. Most common dishes would be white radish soup with dried cuttle fish and pork ribs, stew bittergourd with ginger and ribs, stir fry kailan... actually now that i think about it, i realise why i said cooking is creativity. My dad was the one who does DAILY marketing. So when i came home from school, I will see what is in the fridge and will then cook it. I self taught myself to clean and cut a whole chicken.