Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer in Samui

Entering into the final week of our family holiday, I am sure it is going to fly through very quickly. The weather has been a mix of very sunny spells and thunderstorms, but overall I have browned quite nicely.

The journey to get here was rather stressful with the botched early check-in, then rushing home to get everyone and the never arrived taxi and a forgotten employee pass which was needed at the airport. As we got onto the plane, I kidded myself into believing everything would be rosy since it was the beginning of our holidays!

Guess not, Eddie got very upset because it was his bedtime and he could not settle down. So he got himself crying and did a projectile vomit on me while I was standing right at the front of the aisle in full view of all the other 100 odd passengers. (Airbus 319 with 3:3 seat configuration, single aisle with total seatings of 120)

Sig.Ot thought it was hillarious, I was dead embarrassed and of course the toilet had to be situated right at the plane tail. As I made my way down the the very very long aisle, there were sympathetic murmurs, there were people who shrunk back into their seats should they made any contact with both Eddie and I and a kind lady handed me more wet wipes as I walked past her seat.

Mind you, the flight was a very short one but I decided to hang out in the toilet with Eddie. At least the changing table, mirror and all the stuff inside the toilet kept him occupied for the other hour or so.

No comments: