Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pure Simple Joy

You can always tell who are the people who have just arrived for their holidays. The most obvious tell-tale sign is when they start racing down the beach towards the sea like some crazed maniacs! Of course even without the sprint and hurdling of the waves, the usual suspect would be the skin color. The pale pallid, as white as sheet. Or at later part of the day when the skin turns bright lobster red, which only happens to most people who have not been in the sun since the previous summer. The worst case of sunburn is when the skin turns a tinge of dark purple. I feel so sorry for them. That must hurt, really really hurt.
I wish I had managed to capture some of the moments of these people who were running towards the ocean with joy. I am also very sure that many other onlookers like me, observed it with a grin on their faces.

No comments: