Sunday, May 10, 2009

Eddie's 1st ever Birthday Bash!


I did it! I held Eddie's first ever birthday party. We invited 5 kids who turned up and had fun, I hope. After much debates and contemplation and long distance phone call and msn, I decided to bake the carrot cake after all.

My pride and joy; I kept telling who ever that paid me any attention that I baked the cake, from the pizza delivery guy to the lady who worked behind the counter. For days I was worried bout the icing as I am not very good at it. Sig.Ot also added to my misery by telling me that Eddie could not have daisies on his cake. According to him, boys should have rockets or fast cars. I told him that the problem with drawing a rocket is that if it goes wrong, it could look very rude. So I came up with an excellent solution. Thomas Tank Engine!!!

Eddie does not know Thomas but at least it is cool enough to show off to his friends. I went to buy Thomas in the smallest size they had and drew train tracks on the cake. Of course my blue daisies lined the sides of the cake.

I even had gate-crashers, a grandmother with her sleeping grandchild who were mistaken by the venue staff as our party guest. Of course the aunty did not realise that we have booked the whole venue. We did not mind a bit and offered them food and drinks as well. The most surprising kind gesture from them to top off my kind gesture was that some time during the course of the party, the grandmother's daughter snuck off to buy Eddie a birthday pressie! And guess what she bought? A Thomas Tank dvd! She must have seen the cake and assumed that Eddie liked Thomas. Honestly that was such a thoughtful gesture. I hope I see them again and thank them properly. But then again I was very kind too, I gave them door gifts and balloons as well.

3 comments:

little miss kechik said...

babe.. the cake was fab! choo choo!!

Mom again said...

oh thank you!

it tasted great too. i highly recommend joyofbaking.com

am baking an anniversary cake today

little miss kechik said...

i dunno when i'll revisit my kitchen again.. there's a certain smell in the kitchen i couldn't stand. ish. hopefully by the 15th week m ok ek..