Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Visits

Thank you to those who share my misery and frustration. I have barely survived Round 1 visit from well meaning relatives today. Comments received (list is non-exhaustive):-

"You are wearing sleeveless top. The wind will cause rheumatism in your shoulders."
"The air-con is too cold for you and your baby." n.b. air-con is exclusively for feeding sessions
"You are still very fat!"
"You musn't read books. It will strain your eyesight."
"You should wear socks when you walk around the house."
"You must wear pants which cover your knees."
"You must not walk around. Your womb might 'drop'."
"Who says you can have shower 7 days after your deliver? It's 12 days." n.b. It's ok, don't argue. Remember rule #1 from the earlier blog. http://indispensablepoe.blogspot.com/2008/05/well-meaning-aunties-and-101-donts.html

2 comments:

a yummy mummy handbook said...

this is flashback to my confinement days babe!!!...12 days of no showers...no way...ill go nuts.

but like u say....dont argue and just nod! thats the way to go....:)

little miss kechik said...

checking this blog of yours everyday just gives me the creeps. reminded me of my sis in laws 40 days.. :)

hang in there poe.. just nod awaaayy...!

p/s : m reconsidering weather i should bring my mom to visit u, or not.. LOL