Friday, May 9, 2008

Overdue and Still Waiting

I've promised myself to enter the realm of blogging when I begin my 5 months sabbatical. I may be 2 weeks late but nevertheless. here we are!

For the envious ones, let me set this straight:-

3 months - Maternity Leave
1 month - Annual Leave
1 month - Unpaid Leave

Question, where's the baby? He's late. In fact he's 2 days overdue. I have been taking in bets on his new arrival dates with bets ranging from hard cold cash to bottles of whisky. I've won at least 3 bets so far! I love my baby.

Doctor told me to wait for another 3 days when a decision will have to be made to coax him out. Question is how? Depending on the condition of my womb, I may be induced or I may be cut up. Don't have preference really, but would still like him to arrive at his own will.

However, if i have to be induced or cut up, I get to choose the date. And this is the interesting part when you have various parties lobbying for different dates.

Me:
The first date which came to my mind is May 13th! This would be our 1st wedding anniversary. Most would see the inauspiciousness of the date but heck, we're not superstitious.

Shen:
She's so for 14th May, which is purely personal interest as it is her birthday!

My mom:
She would've picked 1st May (my mom has got a thing for public holidays) but since it's over, she thought that this Saturday i.e. tomorrow would be good. Reason being all the relatives could come visit me on Sunday. This is quite the norm when all your family members and relatives run their own businesses. FYI, ALL my relatives get married only on Sundays, not even Saturdays as businesses operate Monday to Saturday.

My brother:
Anytime before 14th May, so that he won't miss the baby's full moon party. A good friend of his is getting hitched on the 14th June you see.

And of course there are advocates of the nature's way. My MIL told me that she was late with both her kids, and my aunt was 2 weeks late with her firstborn.

I suppose he will come when he's ready and thank goodness with such advance medical age, you can always monitor the baby's wellbeing in the womb. As long as he's still thriving, I wouldn't worry too much.

3 comments:

Mom again said...

oh dear,, my wife has a blog.. cant wait for her to have the baby so she's got something better to do...!

little miss kechik said...

poe, lis, reena & i were on msn wm& were wondering if the little tot is out. guess not..*hee*

a yummy mummy handbook said...

ello..miss poe!! u finally have a blog! woohoooo!

Good i thot u had the baby already....let us know when babe!