Thursday, May 15, 2008

14th May 2008- Baby Eddie is Here!!!

After much waiting, my water broke on the morning of May 14th, which is also the birthday of a good friend of mine.

8.50am - I called the nurse to check how long I could hang around my parents' house before making my way to the clinic. I was told to report in asap. So I took my shower, washed my hair and drove myself to my doctor's. Called my mom to update her while I was driving.

9.30am - After some internal examination, it seemed that my best option was to have a c-section.

9.45am - Called my hubby to tell him that I was going to have the baby

10.00am- My mom sent a whole troop of my relatives to come see me to make sure that I was ok.

10.30am - Wheeled into O.T. and anesthetist injected epidural. Thank goodness it didn't hurt!

10.40am - Proceeded to cut me open.

10.50am - Baby Eddie made an appearance and he commemorated the occassion by having his first pee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the world baby Eddie!! n congrats to you dear!! :D

xoxo
emma

little miss kechik said...

Poe... congrats..cant wait to see the both of you soon..

a yummy mummy handbook said...

Babe!!!!!...

Congrats....welcome to motherhooD!..i can't beleive u have a son now...:).

Happy for you and family...

Anonymous said...

Dear Poling, I am so happy for you - congratulations! Baby Eddie looks so cute what a lovely little boy! drop me a line with your news once you get a moment and best of luck!
lots of love
Tanya (Kornilova)