Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY DEAR HUBBY!

Today is our first year wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, I am alone here in my kampung still waiting for my baby while my hubby is flying to Beijing for work this afternoon. He has been very sweet, wanting to cancel his trip so that he could be here with me. But I have already assured him that I can cut the umbilical cord by myself. :)

Did you know that the traditional first wedding anniversary gift is paper? I suppose it does make sense. If you are given diamond / jewelry in the first year, what do you expect by your 50th wedding anniversary? A diamond mine in South Africa?

List of Traditional Wedding Gifts:-
1st Paper
2nd Cotton
3rd Leather
4th Fruit, flowers
5th Wood
6th Sugar
7th Copper, wool
8th Bronze, pottery
9th Pottery, willow
10th Tin
11th Steel
12th Silk, linen
13th Lace
14th Ivory
15th Crystal
20th China
25th Silver
30th Pearl
35th Coral
40th Ruby
45th Sapphire
50th Gold
55th Emerald
60th Diamond

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh Poh Ling is that you??? I was trying to figure who the heck is this Miss Poe you guys are chit-chatting with!! But I remembered last time Zaila told me of you working in Singapore!Heeeeyyyyyyyyyy dearrieeee!!! wowwww...it has been a while and now a mommy to be! ;D glad to hear that everyone in our class made their way through!! and not to forget being hitched by someone! Zaila is next! :D :D Hope to see you at her wedding. Well good luck with the baby! :D owh yeah,, i dont blog..just couldn't find time to have one..darrrn..well, u guys just keep updating the blog! at least i have something to read over my boredom!! :D

xoxo
emma