Sunday, May 11, 2008

Desperate Mother (to be)

2 weeks ago, I thought that I was suffering from pre-natal blues. Symptoms consist mainly various types of worries:-
...not being a good mother
...not ready to be a mother
...if it changes my loving relationship with my darling hubby
and the list goes on.

That's what an idle mind does to you. Ideally, I would have continued working until I pop but unfortunately no airline would fly me so close to my due date.

Now that I have been nesting for 2 weeks, restlessness has finally set in. Even my good rakan sekampung, the bridezilla, is still thinking of new ideas for me to pass time but looks like she's still thinking (since yesterday!).

I never thought that I would reach this stage, but yes, I am desperate. I am desperate to have my baby. I am desperate to start my 1 month confinement so that the sooner it will end. It is more despairing to know that my neighbor who is supposed to be due 2 weeks after me has already popped last night!

One of the theories on why my baby hasn't made an appearance is because I am not well. Apparently when your body goes into labor, all your body energy will be channeled towards laboring (haha.. how apt). But now that I am ill, my body is busy fighting the virus so perhaps that's why the labor has been put on hold.

I have been coughing like mad. Last night, it woke me up at 1am, 4am and 7am. Just when you think that it is not possible, the cough has caused whatever remaining muscles on the sides of my belly aching. All I could do was slab on generous amount of minyak cap kapak as Vicks' not working. So my dear friends, if you have any ideas / suggestions on home remedy to get rid of my cough / phlegm / cold, please drop me a line!

1 comment:

little miss kechik said...

still thinking...

aaaa... u can help mama make bunga pahar....

hmm...