Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hail Nefertiti!

I first came across Egypt in Standard 4 when I was a librarian in SRK Methodist ACS. It was a book about world mysteries, two of the stories in the book were Bermuda Triangle and the mysterious disapperance of Nefertiti. I was so intrigued and fell in love with Egypt since then. All programs featuring Egypt be it the building of pyramids or mummifcation process, I watched and read them all.

I was also totally crazy about Wilbur Smith's River God and the subsequent books that followed. How cool was that to have fiction set in ancient Egyptian times. When I was in college, I contemplated studying Egpytology until I realised that being immersed in sand pits in the middle of deserts won't make me lots of money. It just was not a very attractive proposition, R:E = 0, to my education financier i.e. my father. Honestly, if I am going to spend my hard earned money on my children's education, it'd better be medicine, law, engineering, architecture or accountancy. If not, he can open a Kedai Motor Eddie. How old school is that??? And how we vowed never to be like our parents. hahahaha...

So Egypt and yummymummy, I shall see you both next week!!!

5 comments:

little miss kechik said...

bloody tai tais.. :p

Mom again said...

Yes, one of the benefits of being unemployed is that you can do very impromptu stuff!!!

You can too!

little miss kechik said...

hahahahha..

no... no.. cannot.. local banks no hefty VSS..

hahaha!

Fieran said...

Aww *jealous*.

Mom again said...

Well if it helps, it's a long 10 hour flight and I'll be flying alone with my 9 months old at 2-AM!!! I've done this before in Christmas and I can assure you that it's anything but glamorous or fun. :)