Friday, March 27, 2009

The Curious Case of Edward Kirby


Eddie has always been popular with the neighbours, the aunties in the markets, waitresses in restaurants and fellow strangers in general. This is because he is a very friendly and smiley boy. He would not mind being picked up by a stranger and being passed around. On top of that, he is also a very independent baby. From the age of 4 months, we could leave him in his room at 7.30pm, switched off the lights and he would go to sleep in his own time. We would not hear from him until 12 hours later. All changed when we went to Cairo for the 10 days.

When we were in Cairo, Eddie suddenly developed a serious case of total dependence on me. I could not leave a room without alerting him in advance lest he freaked out when he realised that I was gone. Each time when I moved from the living room to the kitchen, I had to get his attention and he would plod on all fours and followed me where ever I went. Reena had to trick him each time I sneaked off to have a shower! Poor boy.

He was also toilet trained since the age of 6 months and he's got his own little babysit on the toilet. When we got to Reena's apartment, he refused to use Safeia's baby toilet seat! Perhaps he was distracted by the extractor fan in the bathroom or maybe he is just like some of us who like our own toilets.

I recently read that babies do not develop long term memory until they pass the age of one. So I was very worried that when we got back to Singapore he was going to continue to cling to me and not use his own toilet!

Well the 10 days of clinging to me for life came to an end as soon we stepped out from the airport. He saw his father and went straight into his arms. When we got home, he forgot all about me and reclaimed his territory. What a little traitor!

Oh, and he's back on his own toilet seat.

5 comments:

little miss kechik said...

eeeee eddy's so cute..! i miss him..

i think he feels a bit weird, not being in his territory. or, maybe he knows it is a gal's potty.. hahha!

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm really into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact brand. The prices for the velcros are about 170 bucks everwhere. But completely I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that singular make. The prices as regards the boots are around 200 pounds on every site. But finally I bring about this site selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching as far as something that particular model. The prices as regards the sneakers are all over 240 bucks everwhere. But definitively I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon bros. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging for that particular make. The prices as regards the velcros were about 220 bucks on every site. But completely I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what do you think?