Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cultivating Rat Culture


One of the local papers here publish photos sent by its readers on a daily basis. Sometimes readers send photos of accidents, natural phenomenon but ALWAYS, there is a picture of ratting on someone else. This morning, a MRT commuter took a picture of a lady eating her sandwich while standing in the train. Well you see, eating or drinking is prohibited on public transports in Singapore. Yesterday, another reader sent a photo of a man lying down on the seats of MRT as he has taken up 3 seats for his nap.

Of course what these people have done were wrong, but just tell them in their face. Don't secretly take their photos and then have them published on the newspaper in order to shame them. It is such a cowardly behaviour.

This reminds me of a time when I was driving and signaled to change lane. I did have enough space to change lane, but because I indicated my signal light as courtesy, the where-the-sun-never-shines or this piece of what-dungbeetle-eats, sped up his car just to cut me off! I was furious. Mind you my lane changing was perfectly legal as I was heading towards my destination. As he sped up to cut off my lane, the lights happened to turn red and his car was right next to me. I stared at him hoping to deliver him the finger gesture, but he just pretended not to notice me and stared right ahead of him (probably his heart was thumping hoping the lights would turn green soon). Boy was I mad. These people bully other drivers behind the wheels of their cars but they would never dare look you in the eye for their inconsiderate selfish behaviours. Such gonad-less illegitimate spawn!

My Sig.Ot has gotten over incidents like this and he takes it with a pinch of salt. Therefore each time if I happen to be driving him and someone cuts us off, he will literally turns his body to face the window and stare at the driver in the car next to us because he finds it funny. Of course they would never dare look back at us after doing their cowardly deeds. One time, Sig.Ot went as far as to winding down the window, leant out of the window and pretended to take a photo of them with his phone. Of course he never really took the photo but it was a very funny sight as he tends to exaggerate his action.
But perhaps since we can't beat them, might as well join them! So drivers here, beware of a woman with a camera should you ever speed up to cut off her lane.

No comments: