Thursday, September 10, 2009

Old Fashioned Cooking Shows


Despite the fancy arrays of cooking programmes on AFC, I find myself attracted to the Malay language ramadhan cooking shows! It reminds me of childhood. When we were kids, there wasn't much cooking shows except for Sunday afternoons. Then comes fasting month and everyday at about 4pm, I would watch the yummy shows despite the garish decoration, terrible lighting and clothing. Each time after they cook, there is always recap of recipes and cooking instructions which I will try to copy down as quickly as possible! Of course modern cook shows do not publish ingredients or instructions on their shows. Bleah...

5 comments:

little miss kechik said...

heheh.. these days sometimes mama & i would go .." amende tu a? " .. like, they cook like we are also nigella & chef wan.. hahaha!

khemy said...

and they ask us to open their website for the complete recipe...sigh..
baik google you tube jer cara memasak tu..
kechik, esok hari sabtu aku nak cuba masak sayur lodeh sendiri makan ngan nasik impit..hmm..yum..

Mom again said...

my 90+ yr old nyonya neighbor gave me some sayur lodeh the other day. yum!
kechik, what's raya menu this year?

khemy said...

Oh Poe, I'm so happy for you..I've commented on the other blog..
kenapa aku tak tau blog tu ek?

little miss kechik said...

woooh... sayur lodeh.. sodapnyoo!! will be having that too for raya..heheh