Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trash vs. Arrakis

Gone were the days when I could read a book a day during my holiday break. My record was 15 books in Phuket 5 years ago.

To be fair, this time round was not too bad considering that I have Sig.Ot and Eddie to look after. I managed to read 4 books in 15 days. Two of my choices were quite horrid. I did not realise Louise Bagshawe writes trash. I thought terms like "spearing" could only be found in Mills & Boons. Maybe being a wife and mother changes you. I am no longer as interested in the copulation description as I am with the plot.
  • Dune by Frank Herbert
  • Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert
  • A Kept Woman by Louise Bagshawe
  • Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
I know, such contradictions. I am a big fan of Dune. I rarely, very rarely re-read books. However Dune was worth every single page. It is so spectacular how great one's mind could be to imagine such possibilities and to create an alternative universe with this gift.

No comments: