Wednesday, April 1, 2009

To Shame or Not to Shame?

This morning while driving Sig.Ot to work, I came across a very very rude driver. This happened at South Bridge Road, at the traffic lights just before One George Street building (North Canal Road junction).

By the way the traffic lights were red. All of us were driving in the middle lane, as you could only switch into the Bus lane (left) towards the last 20 meters before the traffic lights. This stupid woman behind me switched lane the same time as I did, but she did it illegally (double solid lines) while I changed lane only where the dotted lines started. Of course I indicated my signals, and guess what she did? She sped up to cut me off to only then changed back to the original middle lane. Did I mention that the traffic lights were red? So after all that, it got her nowhere.

I was so furious that I wound down my window, whipped out my mobile phone and took a picture of her car. I cannot believe the ugly behaviour she has just displayed. I had to stop Sig.Ot from confronting her for her atrocious and dangerous driving. (Well I thought when the lights turn green, we would look really stupid. )

Well, I am no longer as upset as I was this morning. I suppose she is probably worrying about a picture of her car being published in the paper tomorrow and that is good enough for now.

No comments: