Saturday, June 7, 2008

An Early Moon


Tonight, we will be holding a party for Eddie. His actual full moon party is supposed to be next weekend but since that my brothers will not be around, we have decided to have it tonight instead! I do not love parties but I love cooking. This is an excellent break from my doing-nothing-everyday. Last night I have made agar-agar cendol (cendol pudding) and tonight I will be preparing sandwiches. My father, the resident chef will be making all his signature dishes. Unfortunately since I am still observing the confinement ritual, I won't be eating any of the yummy food.

Of course, there will be some stuff that I can eat but someone told me before that if you listen to what everyone says (nags), there is nothing you can eat! So in order to avoid being nagged by a well meaning aunty each time I put something into my mouth, I shall take my pre-emptive ginger meal before the party.

No comments: